The TESOL Certification Course Format & Structure
So much more than just a class. Our blended format combines online and face-to-face learning for the best of all worlds. Learn more about the class structure and format here.
- Less drive time
- More self-directed study
- Classes from the convenience of home
- Laser-focused in-class sessions
- Real practice teaching in front of a class
- Feedback from teachers and peers
- Practice with group work and classroom space
- Connection and camaraderie that only happens when you're in the same room together
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS
Before the official first class even begins, we’ll have an intro module to help you get ready for teaching abroad, as well as get ready for the class.
First day of school: we’ll have our first video class together! I’ll explain how the course works and what your assignments are, and we’ll practice with the technology you’ll need to do it.
There are a total of 6 video conference sessions throughout the course.
Between class sessions, you’ll complete your assignments (like readings, videos, and discussions) on the course website. I’ll be on the discussion forums, so if you have any questions, I’m just a click away. When we meet for our class sessions, we will build on the lessons you already began on the website, as well as cover some topics that are best done in person.
Let’s get together! Once we complete the first module online, it’s time for our face-to-face sessions to put everything into practice. Plan to spend 5-6 days working with us live at one of our course locations.
Sessions meet either 2 weekends, 1 week, or 2 nights/week for one month. Check our calendar to see what’s coming up next.
The final stretch. Once we finish our in-person sessions, you’re almost there! We’ll meet online once more to complete the course material, and a final time for your final exam and victory celebration!
CONGRATS, you’re a teacher! Now it’s time to finish up the final hours of your teaching practicum and access your bonus material, like our Resume Writing module and FREE resume coaching session.
What comes next is up to you. The whole world is waiting for you. Get on your way to teach, travel, and transform your world.
Don’t forget to send pictures!
But beware, it’s not for everyone.
If this list describes you, it’s better to consider our face-to-face course or a different program:
- Not self-directed or not willing to make the time in your schedule to complete the online modules
- Don’t like to ask for clarification, and can’t imagine having to do that by phone or email
- Prefer to complete assignments in class, and not have to work on them at home
- Don’t have a fast, reliable internet connection
- Want to take this version of the course because it looks easier (it’s not)
- Hate technology or are convinced that you’re cursed by the tech gods
If that sounds like you, contact us about our next face-to-face offering.