Experience Spanish 2-week Immersion Trips to Ecuador
Are you interested in experiencing first-hand the culture, history, and language of an important Latin American country? Would you like to gain or improve your Spanish language skills? Join us this summer in Quito, the capitol of Ecuador for an unforgettable trip of learning Spanish and experiencing the amazing cultures of South America. Located just 15 miles south of the Equator in the Andes Mountains, Quito is known as “la mitad del mundo,” the middle of the world.
Join us for a 17-day Spanish immersion course for all levels of Spanish that includes instruction and activities both in class and within the communities of Quito. You’ll stay with a local family, and study Spanish and Latin American culture with instructors at the Equinox Spanish School and an on-site coordinator from English for Life Academy.
Enjoy experiential classes at Equinox Spanish School in the mornings, excursions to cultural and historical sites in the afternoons, and “out of town” excursions on the weekends.
The program includes:
- Lessons in Spanish grammar and conversation
- Course materials
- An introduction to Ecuadorian history and culture
- Trips to cultural institutions in and around Quito (museums, historic areas, cooking classes, salsa lessons, etc.)
- Guided weekend excursions
- Home stay and meals with a local host family
- Laundry service
- Airport pick-up
- The best Spanish teachers and friendliest bilingual staff in Ecuador!
As placement tests are given on the first day, all levels of ability from absolute beginners to Spanish teachers are welcome. Once you register, you’ll be required to complete additional forms as well as to attend an orientation session before departure. Airfare and associated travel costs (passports, etc) are not included in the course fee. Only the first 20 registrants will be accepted, so please register early!
|Summer 2013 Experience Spanish 2-week Immersion Trip|
|June 29 – July 15, 2013|
For more information and to register, fill out our contact form and we will be in touch!
More about Quito, Ecuador
Quito, (pop. 1,865,541) has one of the most magnificent settings in the world. Designated as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1978, Quito boasts one of the finest colonial centers in Latin America. The city offers a vibrant cultural life with theaters, museums, indigenous open markets, universities, unique cafes, shops and restaurants. The surrounding area also offers an incredible geographical diversity: the Andes mountains, the valleys, the Pacific coast and the Amazon rainforest.
All classes will take place at the Equinox Spanish School, a well-known Spanish language school, in the heart of the tourist district of Quito, Ecuador.
We will arrange a homestay for you with a local family. Students living with a host family have their own private room. Three meals a day, seven days a week, laundry service, and transportation to and from the airport also are included. Houses are typically located within walking distance or a short bus ride to school and city amenities.
The cost of the homestay for the duration of the course is included in the price.
In addition to the Spanish classes during the week, it’s important for our participants to experience the life and beauty of Ecuador. Why would you visit another country and stay only in the classroom? For that reason, we have also included the following weekend excursions (subject to change) in the cost of the course:
- An opening gathering with information about the culture and language of Ecuador and a walking tour of the historic downtown.
- An afternoon at “el mitad del mundo” where you can stand on the equator line, eat typical Ecuadorian food, and learn more about Ecuador’s indigenous past and present.
- A day trip to Otavalo, one of the most well-known indigenous markets in all of Latin America.
- An overnight trip to Baños, a town of mountains and jungle, extreme sports, and of course the natural thermal springs Baños was named for.