The TESOL Certificate Course
- Ready to travel and teach English around the world?
- Wondering how to get from your current situation to living a life that you love?
- Overwhelmed by all the different TESOL/TEFL/TESL programs out there?
- Currently teaching English, but ready for a better job or more opportunities?
- Interested in a certification course that will really prepare you for the classroom?
- Determined to find the best program on a moderate budget and time commitment, PLUS Graduate credit from a U.S. university for your coursework?
- Looking for a TESOL Certificate course with experienced teacher trainers, a solid 15 year reputation, and a community of graduates who are teaching around the world?
This course was designed for you. Here’s why.
At English for Life Academy, we believe that teaching and learning about language and culture is an exciting, enriching experience that can have a strong impact on your life…AND the lives of those around you.
We want you to fulfill your dream of teaching and traveling, of working with internationals, and of loving what you do.
We love language and culture, teaching, learning, and traveling, and we know you will, too.
We offer a 130-hour TESOL Certificate program, taught by experienced teacher-trainers, which includes:
Expert Training ~ Practical Experience ~ Professional Resources
Personal Mentoring ~ Job Connections
Here’s the breakdown:
100 classroom hours of interactive instruction, teaching you about culture, language learning, and teaching. Through this hybrid program we provide you with the theory, techniques, strategies, and lessons — a complete toolkit! — of what you’ll need to teach English anywhere in the world.
And our partner agreement with the College of Charleston assures you that our TESOL certificate courses have been approved by an accredited US university. Our courses are submitted and re-approved every 3 years, and are correlated to the Teaching and Learning Standards and all academic standards of the College of Charleston.
A 30-hour practicum which involves observing ESL classes, working with mentor instructors and students, and teaching real English classes with one of our community partners.
During the classroom instruction you learn about English teaching, but only through actually teaching can you truly learn from students, experiment with new ideas, and gain the invaluable experience employers are looking for.
At the beginning of our TESOL Certificate course, you will receive a coursebook with resources and information to help you throughout the course and beyond.
During your participation in our TESOL Certificate course and practicum, you have access to English for Life Academy’s library of English teaching and training resources.
Are you looking for a job overseas? Use our collection of international job resources and our database of international schools to get you started.
Did we mention our amazing faculty? English for Life Academy’s instructors have teaching and training experience within the community and around the world and love to help you make connections, access the information you need, and provide a helping hand.
They’re also just fun people, and you’ll love their stories about the glories and mishaps of their adventures around the world.
Additionally, while you’re completing your practicum you will have the opportunity to meet and work with other teachers from our community partner agencies. We keep our classes small so that we can stay in touch with all our participants as we help you attain your personal and professional goals.
Are you looking for a job in the community where you’re taking your TESOL Certification Course? Most of our instructors work as English Language teachers in the community, and your practicum experience connects you with other schools and institutions that may be hiring. Have our graduates found jobs locally directly following their practicum experiences? Absolutely!
Looking for work overseas? Use our collection of international employment resources and our database of international schools to get you started. Connect with our graduates to find out about their current overseas jobs. Ask us for a letter of recommendation.
Equipped with their TESOL Certificate and transcript, knowledge and experience of teaching English, and tools for the interview process and English language classroom, our graduates have found jobs teaching all around the world.
So can you.
And even after you’ve graduated, and for as long as we have your email address, you will continue to receive any job postings we get from hiring institutions around the world.
More than just a certificate.
English for Life Academy delivers the expert training, practical experience, professional resources, personal mentoring, and job connections that will make you feel absolutely confident teaching in an English language classroom.
In addition to the course and practicum, your certificate program also includes:
- 2 introductory coaching sessions to help you get focused and organized in your job search
- a bonus resume writing workshop and 1-hour coaching session with a professional resume writer to get your resume polished
- 6 professional development Graduate Credits through our partner agreement with the College of Charleston (if eligible)
- lifetime access to course updates, new bonus material, and discounts on other English for Life courses
- a private facebook community of English for Life graduates to connect, support, and inspire
So what are you waiting for? The whole world is waiting for you.