The TESOL Certification Course
- Planning to teach English abroad (or online) one day?
- Wondering how to get from your current situation to living a life that you love?
- Overwhelmed by all the different TESOL/TEFL/TESL courses out there?
- Currently teaching English, but ready for a better job or more opportunities?
- Interested in a TESOL course that will really prepare you for the classroom?
- Determined to find the best program on a moderate budget and time commitment, PLUS Graduate credit from a U.S. university?
- Looking for a TESOL Certificate course with experienced trainers, a solid 15 year reputation, and a community of graduates who are teaching around the world?
Getting TESOL certification with English for Life has served as a passport for me. I’ve been able to teach, travel, and do volunteer work all over the world, which has been immensely fulfilling.”Jayson Gilbert English and Spanish Teacher in Bolivia, Japan, Colombia, USA
Here's the breakdown:
100 hours of interactive instruction. In this TESOL/TEFL program we provide you with the theory, techniques, strategies, and lessons — a complete toolkit! — of what you’ll need to teach English online or anywhere in the world.
And our partner agreement with the College of Charleston assures you that our TESOL certificate courses have been approved by an accredited US university. Our courses are re-approved every 3 years, and are correlated to the Teaching and Learning Standards and academic standards of the College of Charleston.
A 30-hour practicum which involves observing ESL classes, working with mentor instructors and students, and teaching real English classes with one of our community partners.
During the classroom instruction you learn about teaching English, but you have to actually teach to learn from students, experiment with new ideas, and get the invaluable experience employers are looking for.
We’ve got so much to give you! As part of the program you’ll receive:
- — A coursebook and website with resources and information to help you during the course and beyond.
- — Access to English for Life Academy’s library of English teaching and training resources.
- — International job resources and our database of schools around the world to get you working online or overseas fast.
Did we mention our amazing faculty? English for Life Academy’s instructors have teaching and training experience within the community and around the world. They love to help you make connections, access the information you need, and provide a helping hand.
They’re also just fun people, and you’ll love their stories about their adventures living and teaching around the world.
Additionally, while you’re completing your practicum, you’ll be working with other teachers from our community partner agencies. We keep our classes small so that we can stay in touch with each of you to help you attain your personal and professional goals.
Are you looking for a job in your community? Most of our instructors work as English language teachers in the community, and your practicum experience connects you with other schools and institutions that may be hiring.
Have our graduates found jobs at home right after their practicum experience? They sure have!
Looking for work overseas? Use our resources and database of international schools to get you started. Connect with other graduates to find out about their current overseas jobs. Ask us for a letter of recommendation.
With their TESOL Certification and transcript in hand, knowledge and experience of teaching English, and tools for the interview process and classroom, our graduates have found jobs teaching English all around the world.
So can you.
And even after you’ve graduated, you’re still an honored member of the English for Life community! Jump into our private Facebook group and continue to get the job postings we get from hiring institutions around the world, for as long as you want them.
I would walk Main Street wearing sandwich boards for your class. I tell everybody about it. The things I learned in the course have completely transformed the way I work with students, as well as the way I prepare. Classes have become more diverse in the media used, in the use of pairs and teams, in the applications of themes to classes or series of classes, and in my own level of security.”Debbie Spear English for Life graduate, English instructor and cultural trainer, Greenville, SC
So what are you waiting for?
The whole world is waiting for you.